The first light-keeper of the Gilbert's Cove Lighthouse was
"William (Willie Jane) Melanson," seen here with his jersey. William, his wife Mae and their son Percy, moved in the lighthouse
in 1904. The light was first shown in August of that year. William ran the lighthouse until he reached the pensionable age
of 75, at which time he handed over the offical duties to his daughter Louise.